We’re very excited at Business4Better that we will be part of #CSRchat on Twitter tomorrow, Wednesday, March 20th, 3 PM ET, sharing some of the results from our recent survey of midsize companies concerning steps they are taking toward being more socially responsible.
Representing Business4Better on #CSRchat will be Scott Vaughan, CMO of UBM Tech who is B4B’s volunteer director of marketing. Scott will have the results of our mid-market CSR survey in front of him and will be sharing some of the more significant findings.
If you haven’t participated in a Twitter chat before, here are a few tips to guide you:
1. Use http://tweetchat.com/. Log in with your Twitter id and plug #csrchat into search. Note, Tweetchat will add the hashtag to your tweets.
2. Start by saying hello and introducing yourself.
3. Follow @SusanMcp1, #CSRchat moderator, @ScottAVaughan, and @Business4Better.
4. Tweet questions you have about mid-size companies’ involvement in CSR, employee engagement, community involvement, and other related issues to @SusanMcp1 and #CSRchat.
5. Watch @SusanMcp1, for questions and direction during the chat. Guest, @ScottAVaughan will be responding, but…
6. Don’t be shy! Jump in and participate. It is a conversation, not just an interview and I know Scott well enough to say he loves a good conversation around the topic of CSR.
7. During and after the chat, follow some new people who participated and you found interesting. This is the ‘networking’ part of the gathering. I’ve made great connections over the years from various Twitter chats I’ve participated in.
If you have any other Twitter chat tips, please list them in the comments below. Hope I’ll see you tomorrow participating in the chat!